- GPA: 3.74
- Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing) and Communication
- Graduated Cum Laude and recipient of the Founder’s Half-Tuition Scholarship
Semester Abroad with DIS Spring 2013 in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Studied strategic communication, photojournalism, creative travel writing and international reporting. Lived with host family and traveled throughout Europe. Problem-solved in foreign countries, planned personal travel itineraries, and wrote a travel blog called Debbie in Denmark.
Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio
Marketing and Digital Communications Specialist
- I am responsible for the creation, coordination and execution of effective marketing communications strategies and projects to support overall goals and objectives of the non-profit organization. As a member of the communications and development team, I work in conjunction with other team members for email marketing, social media, donor communications, web content development and reports on the effectiveness of these tools as part of overall campaigns.
I create daily content for all social media channels and manage the editorial calendar. I carefully respond to all thrift store reviews on Facebook, Google and Yelp.
Last Call Trivia
Content and Media Manager
- Work with Marketing Team to create, tell, and manage the “story” for Last Call Trivia to achieve company goals. Write and format blog posts, craft social media posts and images, manage content calendar, report on weekly social media analytics, and use data analytics to influence marketing team decisions.
Organized a Superhero themed trivia night and fundraiser for Operation Backpack at Coaches bar. Negotiated with bar owner for 10% of food profits to benefit Volunteers of America’s Operation Backpack campaign. Promoted event on social media, boosted Facebook event, created print flyer, dropped off flyers at venue, wrote press release, organized for a Jedi from The Royals Project to attend event, wrote out key talking points for trivia host, sent out press release and sold raffle tickets during the event.
Marketing Specialist and Veterinarian Assistant
- I manage the Facebook and Twitter accounts by posting engaging content, informing followers of upcoming clinics and responding to client comments and reviews. I also craft product descriptions for the online store and keep the website updated.
- Increased Facebook page likes 800+, post engagement 25%, and Twitter followers by 54.
- On the weekends, I work at the Pet Wellness Mobile Veterinary Clinic, which is a low-cost dog and cat vaccination clinic.
I properly restrain animals for vaccinations, speak with clients about medications and vaccines, fill out paperwork including rabies certificates, assist with nail trims and work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Created and implemented cross-platform marketing strategies, managed social media content calendar. Wrote product copy, crafted engaging blog posts, created e-mails using MailChimp, made graphics using Canva and update website for high SEO value and on-brand messaging.
Saad & Saad LLP/ Star Title Agency LLC
Legal Assistant and Title Processor
- Wrote and edited website copy, launched new website (www.saad-startitle.com), discussed innovative marketing strategies with the partners and attended social media, networking and marketing webinars.
- Helped prepare title commitments and policies, ordered title searches, and coordinated with title searchers to meet deadlines.
- Wrote letters to clients, organized files, assisted attorneys, managed multi-line phone system, entered invoices into Quickbooks and distributed office mail.
- Wrote several articles a week covering the Westerville City School District and the village of Johnstown.
- Conducted interviews, fact-checked articles, edited stories, attended school board and city council meetings and looked for new story ideas.
Internal Sales and Services Representative
- Talked to participants on the phone about their 401k retirement plans.
- Provided outstanding customer service by explaining withdrawal processes, loan options and answering all of their questions.
- Led team meetings, implemented new strategies for higher productivity and collaborated with co-workers on projects.
Barnes and Noble
Bookseller and Barista
- Assisted customers in finding books, organizing store, helped open and close the store and made delicious handcrafted beverages at the Starbucks cafe.
The Longaberger Company
- Strategically managed social media accounts, organized promotional events, engaged with home consultants, collaborated as part of social media marketing team and wrote copy for products as well as articles for internal magazine.
Good Makery in Grandview, OH
· Marketing Intern: Created and implemented cross-platform marketing strategies. Managed social media schedule, content, and responses. Drafted product copy and updated website content for high SEO value and on-brand messaging
· Social Media Intern: Increased Facebook page likes from 173 to 235 in three weeks. Launched social media improvement plan and strengthened presence on search engines and several social media platforms.
· Marketing Intern: Gave tours, made new publications such as fliers, brochures, signs, and promotional materials, managed Facebook and Twitter accounts, stayed on site during wedding receptions, communicated with vendors and clients about upcoming events, performed clerical duties, created promotional videos and further researched the history of Bryn Du Mansion.
· Legal Intern: Answered phones, shadowed the attorney in court, sat in on client meetings, went to bankruptcy court and municipal court, shadowed a judge for a day, wrote letters to clients, organized files, called clients, sat in on conference calls, and learned about bankruptcy.
· Marketing Intern: Wrote press releases, wrote an article for Columbus Outlook magazine, oversaw planning of a promotional fundraising party, participated in teleconferences and webinars, and edited flyers and brochures.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND COLLEGE ACTIVITIES
· Student Worker: Worked at Circulation desk and Learning Commons desk shelving books and assisting students.
· News Editor for Fall ’13, Arts and Life Editor Fall ’12, Forum Editor ’11-12 and Staff Writer ’10-11: Authored 50+ articles, took photographs, designed page layouts, oversaw 5 writers, & frequently conducted interviews.
· Wrote articles for the online university communications news source for Denison University.
· Composed articles for the weekly newspaper and collaborated article ideas with the editor-in-chief.
· President for ’13-14 and Treasurer for ’12: Led practices, organized off-campus games, and motivated team.
American Red Cross: Organization Chair for Fall ‘12
Exile Literary Magazine: Prose Editor Spring ‘12
Denison Christian Community: Treasurer for ‘11 and ‘12
Member of Lambda Pi Eta (Communication Honor Society)
Member of Sigma Tau Delta (English Honor Society)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Lightroom
- Hootsuite, WordPress, AdWords, Eventbrite, Canva, MailChimp and PicMonkey
- Familiar with Spanish, Latin and Danish
- Ohio Notary Public (2016-RE-585118) May 2016 to May 2021