- Add descriptions and job titles for previous work experience
- Include college and high school internships as well as volunteer work
- List job duties, responsibilities, achievements, projects, and instances where you went above and beyond your job description. Include work samples and show off projects.
- Write articles on LinkedIn. This asserts your expertise on a topic, will be displayed at the top of your profile and shows you’re participating and adding content to the LinkedIn community.
- Endorse skills and write recommendations for co-workers and people you’ve worked with in the past. What goes around comes around, as the great Justin Timberlake once said.
- Update your Headline and keep in mind LinkedIn’s algorithm uses these keywords.
- Write a summary that stands out from the crowd, avoids jargon and cliché’s and reflects who you are. Have some fun with it.
- Use a professional profile photo that is a nice headshot that doesn’t look like it came straight from Instagram. Sorry Mayfair filter, you don’t belong on LinkedIn.
- Participate in LinkedIn by Liking and Commenting on articles in your news feed. But, keep in mind, your entire network will be able to see what you like and comment on. With great power comes great responsibility.
- Sign up for their email newsletters
- Attend their events to learn more about what they do and who they are
- Consider investing in a yearly membership
- Get involved by joining a committee
- Stay up to date with PR industry trends by subscribing to relevant email newsletters and reading trade magazines.
Here’s the fitness classes in Columbus I did and how I reviewed them:
Did not like this class. It was boring and repetitive. The instructor was a high school freshmen who kept looking at a printed out sheet of notes. She never corrected anyone’s form or said anything motivational. I could hardly hear her. We’d bounce for a minute, do push ups for a minute, then repeat. I found myself zoning out and counting down the minutes til the class was over. The instructor seemed to be doing the same. At one point, we did exercises on the ground and I could’ve done those at home myself. I wanted to do exercises on the trampolines or in the ball pit. This class was disappointing.
6:00 – 7:30 pm
1411 W 3rd Ave, Columbus, OH, 43212
I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this class but I actually did. It was easier than pole dancing but still required upper body strength. I was challenged and the instructor was willing to help. She was so patient and kind. That made all the difference. I was amazed at what I was able to do. I wouldn’t mind taking this class again. I was a bit sore the next day.
6:00 – 7:00 pm
503 City Park Ave, Columbus, OH, 43215
5:15 – 6:15 pm
6367 Sawmill Rd, Dublin, OH, 43017
6:00 – 7:00 pm
275 S 3rd St, Columbus, OH, 43215
7:00 – 8:00 pm
3967 Presidential Pkwy, Powell, OH, 43065
6:30 – 7:15 pm
640 Lakeview Plaza Blvd, Suite A, Columbus, OH, 43085
7:45 – 8:45 pm
3408 Indianola Ave, Columbus, OH, 43214
7:00 – 8:00 pm
3111 Hayden Rd, Columbus, OH, 43235
6:00 – 7:00 pm
1145 Kenny Centre Mall, Columbus, OH, 43220
And that’s all I have to say about my experience with a one-month trial of ClassPass in Columbus.
|Finally we are almost done with worrying about frost. The crocuses are popping up. Can’t wait to welcome spring! #firstdayofspring #march20|
|Important Question We Need to Ask: If a plant is sad, do other plants photosympathize with it? #planthumor #lol|
|Plants grow from a combination of water, sunlight and food. Hidden Creek Landscaping grows from reading your feedback. Please take a moment to review us today! http://ow.ly/5BeU306hEbe|
|When you do good work, you’re proud of it. Using our landscape expertise, we crafted a personalized and pristine space for The Palmer House, right over in New Albany. See what we can do for you today! http://ow.ly/7V9E307PsYH|
|Want to join our great team? We currently have openings for our landscape installation and landscape management divisions. #joinourteam #jobopening To see job openings visit: http://ow.ly/5riM307Pwei|
|Want to beautify your property without breaking open the piggy bank? Hidden Creek Landscape is the solution. Our residential landscaping services will make your neighbors green with envy|
|Colorful Cookie Tacos|
|This type of plate helped the tacos stay upright|
- Using the food coloring, dye the coconut flakes a green (lettuce) or an orange-yellow color (cheese) I used shot glasses to stir the food coloring into the coconut flakes.
- Remove the top part of the Oreo and remove the inner frosting (My frosting disappeared into my mouth…)
- Carefully cut in half the Oreo cookie. Sometimes I just broke it apart and other times I used a knife in a sawing motion.
- Put the two half pieces together in your hand and add a spoonful of chocolate frosting
- Dip it into sprinkles and colored coconut toppings
|My work station|
I don’t know if I can even call myself a blogger anymore because this “blog” has been nothing but dust and tumbleweeds. Ugh, I hope this isn’t one of those “Heyyyy guys srry I fell off the face of the earth” blog posts.
I’ve been living IRL and leaving reviews of Columbus places I’ve been to on Yelp. Most recently, I wrote about The Eagle and Tea Zone Bakery and Cafe.
My roommate and I got a cat. So that’s what I’ve been up to right meow. Get it?
|Plumpkin’s Photo Booth session|
I’ve been staying busy with my new job at Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio, which I love. I’m doing a lot of fun and impactful work that I sincerely enjoy.
I’m also helping Last Call Trivia with their marketing strategy and social media. I’ve been writing blog posts and social media strategy for them.
I’m volunteering as a Committee Member for the Activities Village for The Columbus Arts Festival in June. I volunteered last year and liked it so I thought I’d take the leap and join a committee.
I traveled to Michigan and Tennessee with my boyfriend Nate. Can you say fun? I love spending time with him and exploring new places together.
I joined ClassPass as a one month trial and have been going to fitness classes 2-3 times a week all over town. It’s been fun trying new styles of fitness classes like water aerobics, jazzercise, trampoline fitness, barre, and zumba.
I’m going to be a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding in September. I bought my dress and so now I’m looking for shoes.
On the weekends, I work at the Pet Wellness Vet clinic, filling out paperwork, restraining animals, as well as talking to customers about dog and cat vaccinations and medicine. It can get pretty hectic sometimes and my background isn’t in veterinary medicine so people will often ask me questions I have to admit I don’t know the answer to and ask a co-worker for help. I also make Facebook posts and events for the clinic. It’s pretty fun to “research” cute dog videos to post.
Furthermore, I launched Pet Wellness Vet’s new website. It’s based on WordPress so it’s easy to update.
|TBH mostly I’ve been hanging out with Fiona.|
And that’s about all I have to say about that.
|Trivia Tuesday: Modern dental floss is made out of _______. Share your answer in the comments below!
|Warmer weather means it’s time to enjoy iced drinks. So refreshing! A friendly reminder to avoid chewing the ice in order to prevent gum injury, fractured tooth enamel or irritation of sensitive teeth.
|Can you guess how many chapsticks Kaylee has in this jar? Comment with your guess!
|TGIF! We did it! Share with us a selfie of your pearly white smile in the comments below. #selfie #tgif
|#GumDisease is the most common cause of adult tooth loss and is a problem that we take very seriously. Call to make an appointment. #dentist #dental #teeth #smile
|You know what today is? HUMP DAY! Now, that’s worth smiling about. Comment below with something that made you smile today #SomethingtoSmileAbout
I have mixed thoughts about the new novel Sugar by Kimberly Stuart. I liked the beginning but had issues with the middle and end. I liked the overall story but not the execution and would’ve liked for it to be more risk-taking.