Deborah Grace Gillum
Present Address: Denison University Slayter box 8259 • Granville, OH 43023
Permanent Address: 1041 Amity Road• Galloway, oh 43119 • Phone (614) 330-1920
Denison University May 2014 Granville, OH
Bachelor of Arts, Major: English (Creative Writing) and Communication GPA: 3.7
Current Recipient of the Founder’s Half- Tuition Scholarship
Hilliard Darby High School May 2010 Hilliard, OH
Honors Diploma GPA: 4.1
Bryn Du Mansion Summer 2012 Granville, OH
· Marketing Intern: Oversaw Facebook and Twitter pages, gave tours, and created promotional materials
Michael T. Gunner Law Office Summer 2012 Hilliard, OH
· Intern: Shadowed him in court, observed client meetings, answered phones, sent out letters, and put files away.
The Columbus Children’s Theatre Summer 2011 Columbus, OH
• Marketing Intern: Wrote press releases, planned a fund-raising party and managed social media.
William Howard Doane Library January 2011 – Present Granville, OH
• Student Worker: Work at Circulation desk and Learning Commons desk shelving books and assisting students.
Pet Wellness Mobile Veterinary Clinic 2007- Present Hilliard, OH
• Veterinarian Assistant: Help with low-cost mobile vaccine clinic for dogs and cats at different Columbus locations.
2010 – Present Granville, OH
· Arts and Life Editor Fall ’12, Forum Editor ’11-12 and Staff Writer ’10-11: Authored over 50 articles, columns, and features, taken photographs, drawn cartoons, designed page layout, and worked with writers.
· Written two articles for the online news source for Denison.
The Granville Sentinel
· Written four articles for the weekly Granville newspaper.
American Red Cross
· Chair Fall ‘12: Organizing blood drives, encouraging people to sign up, and assist with registration.
Exile Literary Magazine
· Prose Editor Spring ‘12: Reviewed fiction and nonfiction submissions and helped launch online version.
Denison Christian Community
· Treasurer for 2011 and 2012: Monitored finances, filled out and submitted budget to be approved.
Denison Quidditch Team
· Treasurer for 2012: Active team player.
Member of Lambda Pi Eta (Communication Honor Society)
Member of Sigma Tau Delta (English Honor Society)
Denison Equestrian Team Member
· Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
· Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Lightroom,
· Familiar with Spanish and Latin